About this website
lamiinae.org is present on Web for 19 years
Lamiaires du Monde, Lamiines of the World
The website focuses exclusively on Lamiinae also called lamiines or flat-faced longhorned beetles.
Lamiaires du Monde is the french name of the original version, and Lamiines of the World, its translation.
It is the result of the author's work over the past 27 years to build an IT solution, update the database, enrich the content of pages and improve the services provided.
Jean-Philippe Roguet, 63 years old, residing in the southwest of France (Biscarosse) since April 2023, I have been interested in entomology for 47 years, the last 35 years dedicated to the group of flat-faced longhorned beetles.
At first I created the entomological database management system in 1996 to compile a comprehensive catalog of Lamiines.
The graph theory inspired me algorithms:
- to build the tree of taxa with their known combinations and synonymies, obsolete or not, from nomenclatural acts and other records (localities) found in the bibliography,
- to calculate the status of groups, deduce their relationships and their applicable name,
- to generate an updated systematic catalog, the faunistic catalogs and so on.
Then I created the website in 2004 to share the results. The pages and services use this entomological database with tools developed to support my operational activities related to the collection and the bibliography, to prepare entomological expeditions, to facilitate determination with implemented keys and bestiaries derived into relevant tools by region.
To photograph and illustrate the website, I use Nikon D7500 on reproduction stand, Micro-Nikkor AF 60mm f/2.8 and now AF-S 105 mm f/2.8G, Helicon software, Photoshop software and some PHP modules to generate and integrate the images.
My permanent concern is the continuous enrichment of the website to constitute a useful and pleasant reference for all the visitors.
Of course, it is possible for any site to link to any page of lamiinae.org or for any publication to cite a website resource without express permission.
Reference to adapt: "Roguet, J.-P. (2023). Lamiaires du Monde. Lamiines of the World. Available from: https://lamiinae.org (accessed 03 December 2023)."
I use my initials to sign the photos of flat-faced longhorned beetles.
For any question about rights, contact me !
for any questions, remarks or suggestions
Links and favorites
The links page named Cerambycoidea ring (www.cerambycoidea.com) lists most of them.
For example, some representative websites on their perimeter :
- Bezbycids.com has a very useful gallery to determine the longhorned beetle
- BioLib provides an updated list of taxa very useful
- Cerambycoidea.com is also interesting for its forum, its gallery and its digital library
- Titan database gives bibliographical references of taxa and museums keeping the types